The State of Product Marketing Leadership 2021
Welcome to the inaugural State of Product Marketing Leadership report, where we take a deep-dive into all things senior PMM. From the strategic and team management elements of the senior product marketing role, to career progression, organizational structure, PMM hires, and tying product marketing efforts to revenue, this report's got it all.
Between the covers, you'll find answers to questions like:
🤔 Do PMM leaders believe the term 'product marketing' adequately describes their role?
💻 How do PMM leaders describe their company culture?
⚽ How do PMM leaders most commonly identify their leadership style?
⬆️ How do product marketing leaders hope to progress to in their careers?
🔥 What are the most sought-after skills in PMM hires?
💸 How do senior PMMs tie product marketing efforts to revenue?
...plus almost 60 pages worth of brow-raising, head-turning, game-changing stats like:
- Most PMM leaders hope to become VP of Portfolio Marketing or CMO.
- Nearly a third of PMM leaders tie their function to revenue through product adoption.
- 43% of product marketing leaders are not responsible for analyst relations and 21% don’t work with analysts at all.
- Most (63%) PMM leaders surveyed identified their approach to leadership as coach-style.
- Exactly half of product marketing leaders are not the spokesperson for their product, despite 56% stating they want to be.
Here's what Ken Oestreich, Founder of Fountainhead Product Marketing (formerly Product Marketing Leader and Team Builder at Auth0) had to say about the report:
So, what are you waiting for?
We've told you how great it is. Ken's told you how great it is.
Now it's time to find out for yourself 👇