So, you’re a PMA Ambassador? Awesome! Now let us help you spread the word.
Did you know that your LinkedIn profile is viewed up to 29 times more if you have more than one position listed in the experience section? By making this update:
- It will give recruiters, potential clients or connections more insight into who you are and what you do and can increase your visibility overall
- It demonstrates your personal drive to excel in your field, as well as your organization and time management
- It shows you're an advocate for PMA and part of our valued, exclusive global ambassador network dedicated to elevating the role of product marketing
Now, onto the tutorial...
1. Head to your LinkedIn profile
...and scroll down to the ‘Experience’ section. Once you’re there, click the + button in the top right corner.
2. Fill in some info
You should then be presented with a box that looks like this:
Employment type: Part-time
Company: Product Marketing Alliance
Location: Your city
Date: when you joined!
If you scroll down this box a little more, you’ll see some additional fields:
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Here's a little something for the ‘Description’ box:
Product Marketing Alliance was founded in March 2019 and has since evolved into the world’s biggest product marketing community. Their Slack channel, events, and unrivaled content unites more than 40,000 PMMs all over the world. Their mission is simple: to promote and elevate the role of product marketing.
Since their inception, they’ve been defining and debating the product marketing function and have published a number of industry-leading reports - like the State of Product Marketing and Product Marketing Salary Survey.
“The community hasn’t just been an absolute wealth of knowledge and answers—it’s a place of constant inspiration.” The epitome of PMA, summed up to a tee by one very happy member.
The final step is to add this URL as a link under "Add Media".
3. Sit back and bask in your new experience
The end result should look a bit like this: