In the first Product Marketing Insider episode of 2023, we’re continuing to bring you all the action and insights from the live podcasting stage at the Product Marketing Summit in San Francisco.
This week, we’re thrilled to bring you intel courtesy of Holly Watson, Senior Product Marketing Manager at AWS (Amazon Web Services).
A little bit about Holly
A product marketing influencer for 2022, Holly is a diligent product marketer who fosters exemplary working relationships with all teams.
She has experience in building and implementing a cross-department go-to-market strategy, and collaborates with Product to define and implement new product development.
Holly has varied experience spanning various areas, including AI capabilities, Integrations & APIs, and new product lines). She has an in-depth understanding of the sales process in relation to customer acquisition and the customer journey stages in relation to retention and adoption.
Key talking points
During their discussion, host Lawrence Chapman and Holly discussed a number of topics, including:
- What the product marketing team looks like at AWS,
- Holly’s product marketing highlight of 2022,
- Which significant shifts Holly’s witnessed in the industry since 2021,
- The KPIs Holly uses to track her team’s overall performance,
- How PMMs can improve awareness amongst internal teams of what their role entails,
- How Holly thinks product marketing will evolve in 2023, and
- Holly’s biggest product marketing success story, to date.
Get the blueprint to become proficient and influential in your own career with Product Marketing Certified: Core. 👇