A little about Esther
In this special episode of Product Marketing Life, host Mark Assini passes over the reins to Mikey Mioduski, Founder and CEO of GhostRanch, who sits down with Esther Yoon, VP of Industry and Product Marketing at RingCentral.
Esther helps organizations accelerate with Go-to-Market strategy and messaging that's continuously refined and challenged. She gravitates towards organizations that fear becoming stagnant and makes sure they don't 'fall asleep at the wheel'.
Her pillars for product marketing success are rooted in the following core objectives:
- Build great teams with critical thinkers, culture leaders, and hungry learners.
- Continuously optimize positioning and messaging within the context of shifting trends, modern culture, and relevant pain points.
- Identify marketing and sales "pivot points" to drive and fulfill a culture of ongoing improvement.
- Accelerate sales success with effective enablement, sales playbook strategies, and multi-channel programs.
Key talking points
Mikey and Esther have an awesome conversation, where they discuss visual storytelling, product keynotes, and the importance of a holistic approach to messaging. Esther also shares a refreshing outlook on what she anticipates for product marketers in 2023
Beyond that, Esther breaks down:
- What separates “good” product marketers from “freaking phenomenal” product marketers.
- Why she tries to look at messaging from a holistic, multi-media view.
- Her advice for convincing the C-suite on the value of greater narrative development.
- And finally, her view of how sales will actually use your slides, and why she intentionally designs “for composability” to ensure the message will adhere.
A little about GhostRanch
You probably haven’t heard of GhostRanch, and that’s because they live behind the scenes, helping B2B Product Marketers bring their stories to life with consultative presentation and sales-enabling asset design services.
Even though, as a product marketer, you’re often asked to develop some of your organization’s most valuable content and assets that help drive revenue and adoption, it’s rare that you have access to your own dedicated Design team.
As a result, you usually find yourself waiting in the same queue as the rest of the org. GhostRanch is that fractional design arm dedicated to helping Product Marketing teams bring their ideas to life with a level of responsiveness and collaboration that's hard to find in-house or from full-service agencies.
Wanna get involved?
If you wanna flex your podcast skills and appear on Product Marketing Life, contact Charley and register your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nail your messaging, positioning, and every other aspect of your product marketing role with Product Marketing Certified: Core. 👇