In this episode of Product Marketing Life, host Mark Assini is joined by Ryan Cuellar, Chief Delivery Officer at Primary Intelligence (now known as TruVoice from Corporate Visions), to talk about the ways in which win-loss analysis can be used to increase revenue and retention.
It’s Ryan’s diverse background that has shaped his passion for understanding systems and human behaviors. He firmly believes that if you have the desire and work ethic, success can be achieved in any field.
Introducing Ryan Cuellar
From studying psychology and an impressive career in US national finance to his wide-ranging success in various leadership roles, Ryan's background is expansive.
Now, it's not just about career experience, Ryan has an overall drive to understand intricate systems and human behaviors – the power of authentic connections. As a win-loss expert, he delves into customers' decision-making processes, emphasizing the importance of connecting with people and understanding their unique needs.
Experience, passion, and product marketing proficiency are what's led Ryan to drive change and succeed in his current position as Chief Delivery Officer at Primary Intelligence.
Key discussion points
- Exploring a customer’s decision-making processes and how four categorical areas interplay in that process
- Understanding stakeholders' metrics, especially sales, to produce actionable recommendations
- Building a strong relationship within the sales team and why it’s crucial for a successful win-loss program
- Metrics don't change on their own; they change with people
- Overcoming sales objections and improving win rates
- Demonstrating an understanding of buyers' unique needs
Keen to join the conversation?
Why not take a look at our Slack channel? Not to boast, but our Slack community's the biggest gathering of product marketing enthusiasts on the planet (okay, that was a bit of a boast).
We discuss everything from sales engagement to messaging strategies, and there’s a constant flow of templates, resources, and even the odd ‘roast’.
And it's completely free to join!
Don't miss a beat – you can catch all of your favorite product marketing episodes right here: Product Marketing Life.