In this episode of Product Marketing Inside, host Lawrence Chapman welcomes Selin Tyler, Senior Director & Head of Product Marketing at Dolby Laboratories.
The pair discussed building and scaling product marketing teams on the podcast stage at the Product Marketing Summit in San Francisco.
A little bit about Selin
Selin Tyler is a highly-skilled B2B product marketer with a background in product management, as well as end-to-end product development and launch experience.
Key discussion points
During this episode, Lawrence and Selin discuss how product marketers can build and scale their teams, with Selin sharing her insights on a range of topics, including:
- How the product marketing team is structured at Dolby Laboratories.
- Essential hard and soft skills to look out for when recruiting new additions.
- Identifying when the time's right to scale your team.
- The signs your team is scaling too quickly - and the risks this can pose.
- What’re the toughest lessons you’ve learned when building and scaling your teams?
- Essential ingredients for a successful team.
- Her favored approach when leading teams.
- Which product marketing leaders do you admire? Have you applied any of their traits in your own practice?
But for now, prepare for an influx of insights from an expert in building and scaling product marketing teams.
Want more leadership insights?
Continue the conversation and network with like-minded product marketing leaders over at our free Slack channel. Click here to join >